Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Why Why Why...

So I have kinda turned into a lazy dirtbag. For those of you who check on this regularly I know it is annoying to check for a new post and find the same old picture (sorry mom). For those of you who check on this regularly just because you are bored....I am not sorry (George). Just kidding. That being said, all is well here. It is kind of a tricky phase. We are almost done...but still a while to go. Same shit, different tempature if you ask me. It usually drpos to about 45 at night and early morning. I know I have turened into a weekling in the tempature department, but damit that is cold compared to 120. Here are some reasons you know you are on an Army base:

1. No matter how slow they make people drive and how safe you think you are it isn't safe enough.
2. People wear reflective belts on camaflague uniforms during the day?
3. I have to show my ID when I am in shorts and a tee-shirt (That say NAVY all over them) at the chow hall. (do they think I snuck on this base in the middle of the desert just to eat some crappy food?)
4. Every where you go there is someone in line and they don't know why.
5. You get excited when it is turkey pot pie night at the chow hall.
6. Ugly chicks actually have a chance.
7. It is not uncommon to see a 50 year old woman with an M-16.
8. Someone is in a meeting right now, and someone else is having a meeting about that meeting.
9. You get a weapon pointed at you or raked across your back with a feeble "excuse me" at least three times a day.
10. Living in a trailer is considered "high end" housing.

I hope everyone is doing well and happy Turkey Day to all of you. I look forward to figuring out what kind of mystery meat I will be fine dining on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home